Make Epic Memories at Gaylord Opryland’s So. Much. Christmas!
Let me start this by saying … if you want to experience the magic of Christmas, you must visit Gaylord Opryland Resort. They literally are offering So. Much. Christmas. for you, your friends and your loved ones to celebrate this blessed season! I’m going to share more details about all there is to experience but here are the highlights:
- The Rooms! – We stayed in the Cascades and OMG I can’t more highly recommend getting an Atrium View room! It is magical to see all of the Christmas decorations off of your private balcony and to hear the waterfalls. The rooms are spacious and beds / pillows SO comfortable.
- I Love Christmas Movies – features movie-set quality versions of scenes from your favorite Christmas movies. Such a cool experience!
- Pinetop (outdoor events area) is featuring SO many fun winter activities…our boys favorite was ice bumper cars! They have ice tubing, ice skating, live professional ice skating performances, live music performances and gorgeous photo ops and of course, Christmas lights, cocktails and food trucks!
- Inside the Gaylord Hotel – so many experiences but highlights include the Delta River Cruise and writing a Christmas letter to Santa!
- In front of the Magnolia section of the hotel – watch festive carolers sing at 4:45pm and then watch the front lawn come alive with the Christmas lights coming on at 5pm! It is magical!
- SoundWaves – missing summer? Visit Opryland’s indoor water park experience. We had a blast here this summer and can’t recommend it enough; it truly is fun for all ages!
More details below on each of the highlights!
Where to stay: Cascade Rooms with Atrium view are amazing for the kiddos and the parents. Cory and I even “escaped” for some us time on the balcony – how breathtaking is this view?
I Love Christmas Movies – this experience truly was like walking through the movie set! Even though it is an indoor activity, they have very good safety measures and protocols in place to ensure that you are socially distanced from other guests. Reservations HIGHLY recommended! Featuring scenes from: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (my personal favorite Christmas movie ever), Elf (my 2nd personal favorite Christmas movie ever), Year without a Santa Claus, A Christmas Story and Polar Express.
Pinetop Outdoor Winter Extravaganza is SO much fun! The boys loved the ice bumper cars and keep asking to go back. Those cars move fast, don’t say I didn’t warn you LOL!
They also have several ice skating performances by professional ice skaters – very cool to see live and in person! There is a stage with live music and food trucks and beverage vendors too. You can also go ice skating and ice tubing! Make sure to look at the Buy More & Save More packages at this link to maximize your visit!
Inside the Gaylord Hotel WOW there are SO many fun activities to do as a family. I found the event guide at this link, so helpful in making sure we knew when everything was happening so we could experience it!
- Delta River Boat Ride gives you a tour through the Delta area of the hotel and you can see all of the Christmas decorations from the river
- Gingerbread house decorating – this is a stop right after the Delta River Boat Ride
- Write a letter to Santa and stop to watch a Christmas movie in the Tennessee Ballroom area. The boys were SO excited to do this!
- Watch Christmas Carolers sing and the lights turn on in front of the Magnolia entrance – it is a classic way to get into the Christmas spirit.
Where to Eat: there are lots of options still open / available. Make sure to check the list of restaurant options here when you visit. For dinner, we went to Frosty’s Pub (around 5:30 after the Christmas carols and lighting of the trees). Although their menu is limited (in my opinion), everything was got was delicious and the cocktails were very fun! The best reason to go though, is the Christmas decor that covers every inch of the restaurant. We also loved that they had live music!
Have you visited Gaylord Opryland before at Christmas before? If so, I’d love for you to comment and share about your experience! Also, if you have any questions about our experience, I’d love to share more if you want to email me directly firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂 Blessings!